Thursday, October 25, 2012

My Energy Policy


     Thankfully the silly season is almost over. Soon you can quit hearing about debates and go back to watching Honey Boo Boo. Until then, we need to stay focused on the issues that affect us. Today I would like to express my views on energy policy. Note that I said energy policy and not oil policy. I feel that for far too long we have focused and oil and only oil in this country. Obama says we should do a little bit of everything in order to solve our energy issues. I agree with the base premise of that idea. However, I feel the choices should be shifted to the local and personal level and take out of big governments hands. You have heard me discuss personal Independence and and self-reliance. Energy independence is another part of the concept. The following are simple little things I have seen that not only prepare you for anything that might happen but also frees you from the big energy companies.


This little thing is called the Pocket Socket. Its good for charging cell phones and iPads. I am sure many of you have teenagers that have all kind of electronic gadgets. Any little bit of electricity saved adds up and this is perfect in an emergency.


As a homebrewer, one of the first things I would do would be to legalize home distilling. This would also allow you to produce your own ethanol. I know a lot of you have heard that ethanol from corn is bad for food prices. That is true but you can distill from all kind of things. Here is a link to a site that can give you all the details you need.
http://www.permaculture.com/


Free electricity and a workout. Talk about a win-win situation.


This is a smarter way to use nuclear energy.


Under my administration I would curb the power of HOA's and allow folks to put wind turbines in their yards if they like.

     These are just some of the things I have seen to allow for greater energy Independence. There are many more energy production methods out there. Spend some time and see what works for you. If you haven't noticed, these are also green energy sources. We don't need a Dept of energy or EPA is we take power production in our own hands.

Platt Robertson
Write-in Candidate President

No comments:

Post a Comment